Sunday, March 8, 2009

March Madness

Oh, how I loathe Daylight Savings Time.

As if March isn't bad enough already. This wretched month that comes after 12 weeks of cold, miserable Winter, and teases us with the word "Spring." And just when you think it might actually BE spring someday. Bam. Another snowstorm. March disgusts me.

And THEN, they throw "Daylight Savings Time" in there. Oh sure, give it a catchy, uplifting name and maybe you can trick the entire United States of America (minus Arizona - the only SANE ones out there) into thinking that it would be a good idea.

I especially love how DST (I can't even stand to write the whole name anymore) seems to rise from the dust anonymously, with no one stepping up to take credit for the havoc they are wreaking in my life. No, Daylight Savings is a monster without a face, a phenomenon without explanation, a sad trick on the human race.

And yet, no one knows who is responsible for the madness. Convenient.

If you can't tell, I'm not a big fan.

Since I don't feel that I can adequately describe my hateful feelings for Daylight Savings Time in words, I have enlisted the help of an illustrator. She captured perfectly how our family felt this morning waking up at the PRETEND 6:00 am, which was the ACTUAL 5:00 am.







Thank you Ashley, for your creative expertise.



I need a nap.

3 comments:

  1. OK- so.... 3 things that impress me about your blog and this post :)
    1: how good you've done at keeping your blog updated! Yay you!
    2: What a witty and talented writer you are. Seriously.
    3: How well Ashley is drawing recognizable pictures. Go, Sashee, go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, why would you wake up even at PRETEND 6 am?? Have you gone mad while I've been away? That's all I can take away from this post - utter awe - because 6 am is the middle of the night in my book, even without the despised DST to make it worse! :)

    ReplyDelete