Friday, March 13, 2009

Introducing . . . . Friday's Favorites!!!

Drum roll please.

You are all about to encounter something that will change your life.

I am introducing a regularly scheduled blog topic to NeerlyFabulous. Friday's Favorites. Every Friday that I am mentally sound, I will post about one of my favorite things, people, places, foods, (etc.), and tell you how absolutely wonderful it is. Why, you might ask? Because FRIDAYS ARE AWESOME!!! This is my little way to say to Friday, "I have waited long for you, and now I want to embrace you and tell you something fabulous. "

And if I don't post on a Friday, please call me and cheer me up. I'm probably having a bad day.

Now, I have thought long and hard about what the first Friday's Favorites topic should be. There were several considerations, including family members, footwear, and of course products made with dark chocolate. Don't worry, all those topics will be forthcoming.

But this week I had to choose something REALLY special.

Are you ready????







SUPER GLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




And now I will write an original poetic piece: Ode to Super Glue

Oh, Super Glue, how faithful you have been
In the time we have spent together.
For many years now, you have been right by my side,
Picking up the broken pieces of my life and
Mending them seamlessly.

You have worked many miracles.
Angry children have been calmed.
Wardrobes have been rescued.
Even the blind have received sight.






So many doubt your strength and power.
So many wonder if you can really fix their lives
As you have fixed mine.
To them I say: doubt not.
Those who doubt the strength of Super Glue have ways of being punished.

There have been times that I resented your bonding power.
It seemed you were mocking me, wielding your strength in places I did not intend for it to fall.
But the wooden nativity star eventually came off of my thumb.
And I realized it was for my own good.

For I would never doubt your strength again.

Oh, Super Glue. You amaze me.

4 comments:

  1. WHAT!!!????!!! I was beaten by Super Glue??!! ....Oh Wait, that's a no brainer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed it many times over and can't wait for.... Ode to nail polish remover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMH. (Oh my heck) This is GOOD STUFF!! Seriously, a poem about super glue with FOUR stanzas? I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Zeb, this reminds me of the time I was trying to super-glue something together, and that something ended up being my thumb and first finger! Luckily David was there and I frantically hollered (actually, more like screamed bloody murder!)at him to run upstairs and grab the nail polish remover. He poured the polish over my hand and I finally was able to pull my thumb and finger apart without removing too much flesh in the process...... I must say I really bonded with my super-glue that afternoon.

    ReplyDelete