Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Little Fashionista

My little Ashley has gone through EVERY clothes phase there is: pajamas all day, no clothes at all, as many clothes as possible at the same time, wearing only Carter's clothes, changing outfits 20 times a day, wearing one outfit for one week straight, etc. etc.

The fact is, she loves clothes. She is OBSESSED with clothes. I finally gave in to her desire for personal expression so that I pretty much let her wear whatever she wants as long as it is weather appropriate. I do make exceptions for church, and other formal occasions. Which pretty much means I compromise so only 20% of her outfit is completely absurd.

She revealed to me last week that the 2 most important items in a 3-year-old's wardrobe are tights and a slip. The rest of the outfit is completely negotiable.

Here is her FAVORITE combination: red snowman tights, brown leggings with lace trim, and the lacey slip on OVER the shirt. Don't forget the pink high-heel dress up shoes. I took this just as we were leaving for our Neerings family dinner on Sunday.


Isn't she cute??

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah! It's Becky! I wanted to say hello so you would be able to find my blog. It's adayinthelifeofbean.blogspot.com
    p.s YES, Ashley is absolutely adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deborah! I haven't read your blog in a while, so I was very happy to see Ashley in one of her great fashion ensembles--ya gotta love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. any of her n a ked?

    ReplyDelete