Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I have to admit - I have my qualms about Mother's Day. If the tradition demanded that all Mother's be whisked away into a magical place that included a massage, unlimited nap time, and amazing food, I might feel differently. But, truth be told, Mom's don't really take a "day off" for Mother's day, which increases the likelihood that many things can go wrong, which you have absolutely no control over. This includes, but is not limited to: children fighting and throwing tantrums, children wiping boogers on you, sick children puking on you, children pretending that their legs are inoperable so they don't have to help you, husbands pretending that their brains are inoperable so they don't have to help you, etc.

But, this year my fam really pulled through. Mike got me the perfect funny card with a long, thoughtful note inside. Carter showered me with pictures, cards, and original writings, including "I love you mom becuse your nice. I could never love eney one beter than you."

Carter also made my heart melt by taking care of me while Mike was out of town last week. Each night as he got in bed, he would verify my well-being. These were my favorites: "Mom, do you need to go outside any more tonight? No? Good, because it is really cold and dark out there right now and I really don't want you outside in that." Or, "Mom, have you checked all the doors to make sure they are all locked? I would feel better about you in a locked house." Or, "Did you close your window Mom? I really don't feel good about you sleeping with an open window?" How cute is that???!

And finally, my personal favorite. Carter made the obligatory "Mom coupons" at school, good for any act of service from him. He only made 5 coupons at school, but he felt that I deserved much more than that, so he put our color copier to good use.



Now, it's time to cash in . . . sweet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment