Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday's Favorites - He's my guy!

Happy Friday!! The last week or so has been filled with a little TOO much adventure, leaving me feeling a little buried and overwhelmed. Blah. I do not enjoy times like that.

So, it is with happiness that I say, "Hellllllooooo Friday!!!!!!" Sure, I've got another weekend with way too much packed in to actually enjoy any of it, but hey - I can have my moment, right?

Today's Friday's Favorites post is inspired by my previous Friday's event - the anniversary of 9 years married to "my guy." A little 3-year-old-blonde-haired girl in our household claims that he is HER guy, but I have news for you, honey . . .

HE'S TAKEN.

Here is a picture of him looking ruggedly handsome, as usual.


And I couldn't be happier. Here are some of the things I love about my hubby & best friend:

He's brave.
He puts first things first.
He's amazingly creative.
He does things because he feels good about it, not because of what anyone thinks.
Everything he does, he does very well.
He is completely trustworthy.
He is very handsome.
He knows how to have fun.
He never has fun at the expense of others.
He takes all of his responsibilities to heart.
He wrestles with the kids every day, even when he doesn't have an ounce of energy left.
He always feels a little sheepish when he beats someone at something.
He is not afraid of doing the right thing.
He can design & build anything.
He knows exactly how to make me feel loved.
He took me bowling for our anniversary - sweet!
He knows how to work hard.
He knows how to play hard.
He knows how to laugh hard.
He knows when I need to have a little more fun in my life.
He knows how to put a smile on my face.

I've concluded that a good man is hard to find these days, and so I feel like the luckiest girl on earth.

I love you Mike.


P.S. Please, please come home from your brave, fun, rugged bear hunt in Idaho safely tomorrow. I want to do something even more fun than bowling for our tenth.

3 comments:

  1. aw! Sweet! But I want to hear more about your "too much adventure" week! Great picture of Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 9 years??? You're making me feel old... But seriously, congratulations! Love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. . . . something more fun than bowling . . . ??? very naughty, Deborah :)

    ReplyDelete